The Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. (CCAT) is a non-stock, tax-exempt corporation incorporated in May 2004 with a vision to be a national leader and influential resource, committed to ensuring the success of the businesses and organizations we serve by achieving excellence, guiding change and sustaining growth. Our mission is to create and execute bold ideas advancing applied technologies, IT strategies, energy solutions, STEM education, and career development that help manufacturers, academia, government and nonprofit organizations succeed.
Position Title: Education & Workforce Development Intern
Reports to: Director, Education & Workforce Development Initiative
Manage Others: No
Job Type: Intern
Employee Type: Hourly, temporary. Flexible with daytime availability.
Travel: Access to reliable transportation for occasional travel through CT (mileage reimbursement provided).
Compensation: $14-$18/hr - based on qualifications
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Director, the Education & Workforce Development intern will be responsible for supporting student programming in both formal and informal classroom settings with a focus on manufacturing, engineering, sustainable energy, and/or aerospace-related curricular areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the direct implementation of contextual, hands-on activities and workshops for students in grades 4 through 10
• Assist with all program coordination and logistics
• Assist with acquisition and management of program supplies and materials
• Assist in program evaluation functions
• Position can support flexible daytime availability
• Education: Candidates will be pursuing a BS/BA (or recently completed) in either one of the following content areas: engineering, manufacturing technologies, science, and computer programming; or a STEM-related teaching degree (middle school or high school teacher preparation program).
• Experience: Prior experience with CAD/CAM software platforms, 3D printing, and/or robotics a plus, but not required.
• Skills: Excellent computer, organizational, and communication skills and an interest in promoting STEM engagement and manufacturing/engineering career awareness. Must fulfill ITAR citizenship requirements.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Continually communicates with individuals and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Occasionally works in varying conditions. Generally moderate noise environment (business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
CCAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.